Re: Errors in #include files when compiling a Legacy C++ Application

At 03:19 PM 3/25/2005, Brian K. Whatcott wrote:

I am confused, because the two flavors of SuSe use g++ 3.2 and 3.3.4, and
there wasn't a big problem going from 3.2 to 3.3.4.  Since Cygwin uses g++
3.3.3, I would think that the code that works on 3.3.4 (SuSe 9.1) would be a
no brainer.  I think there must be something simple that I have done wrong.
I have looked at your FAQ, and made several searches on the mailing lists,
and have not found this problem, so I hope you don't mind helping me.  If
there is any other info that would help in diagnosing the problem, please
let me know.  (Is there a way to send you a list of packages that I
installed, perhaps something is missing or I installed conflicting items).

Yes, the FAQ should tell you about running cygcheck, and how the list prefers to see the results. It does look like your build is not finding the standard C headers. Did you install gcc as well as g++ ?

Tim Prince