Re: SSH Path Bug

At 09:59 PM 4/29/2005, you wrote:
>Dominic Chambers wrote:
>
>> Running commands via SSH causes windows executables to be given path priority, so that they run ahead of identically named UNIX executables. I found this while trying to use the find command as part of an SSH call. For example, assuming you have an SSH server set up:
>
>I would think this has more to do with how you set your path than
>anything else.  What is $PATH in the case when it finds the windows
>command, and what is $PATH when it finds the Cygwin command?  Cygwin
>doesn't have any such notion of "path priority", it just searches the
>path in order, so if it's finding the windows directory ahead of
>/usr/bin you need to figure out how your path is being set and correct
>it.

No, it's not that.  I was able to reproduce the described behavior even
when my system path has Cygwin's bin path before Windows.  Running 'sshd'
in debug mode showed the imported path that was not an exact match to any
path I'd set anywhere.  So far, I haven't been able to get far enough
that I know why this happens.  But I can say that it happens for me
and on more than 1 system and O/S.

Holliston, MA 01746