Re: "read" bug in Cygwin 1.5.16?

Thanks Brian, but I don't think support on earlier
versions of cygwin is going to be an issue.  There's
only one other person who tried and found this same
bug, so we're somewhat "rara avis" (rare birds).

If the snapshot fix works, I can wait for the release
to come out.  It isn't that urgent, since my
workaround is just to run in a console window instead
of an xterm.

Thanks again for the help.

Peter