Re: mount?

At 03:24 PM 5/3/2005, you wrote:
>On 5/3/05, Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk> wrote:
>> It will automagicly be mounted as
>> /cygdrive/<driveletter assigned to fat partition>
>XP doesn't seem to know this partition exists.  I had XP on my full
>80GB, used the debian sarge isntaller to shrink it to 30GB, created
>10GB FAT, gave the rest to debian, thinking I could use the FAT as a
>shared storage resource.  Not all of which is directly on topic,
>apologies.  Any pointers as to how to make my little scheme a reality?
> Am I going to have to start from scratch? :(

Probably not but you have to tell Windows that this partition should have
a drive letter.  You can do this through the control panel, administrative
tools, computer management, disk management.  If the partition shows up
there and is recognized as FAT, then you can just assign a drive letter
and reboot.  OK, maybe you can get away without rebooting.

Holliston, MA 01746