Re: pwd vs $PWD, bash, cygwin vs Linux

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:38:08PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> [...]

Maybe because fixing the Makefile means not having to remember to type
"SHELL=/bin/bash.exe" every time you invoke make?  That's why I didn't
suggest this in my first response even though I'm a makefile *guru*.

I agree that the mount technique doesn't make a lot of sense (and woe to
you if you hit CTRL-C at the wrong point) but your "solution" is
actually a workaround.

Of course, you could just put a

SHELL = /bin/bash

in the Makefile but then, gasp!, you'd be modifying the makefile and
shirley you don't intend every person in this space time continuum to do
that.

I guess if your goal is to just build a package and forget about it, then
using the command line is acceptable.  You just have to remember to do that
again, when you build the package in six months.  Or, maybe you could make
a shell alias!  Yeah, that's the ticket.

cgf