Re: Strange-Dangerous behaviour in Cygwin

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 05:52:10PM +0200, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>I discovered the following strange behaviour in bash and xterm (startxwin)
>shells:
>
>BACKSPACE does not delete "y" as aspected but it only shifts the cursor on
>"y" and when I type "n" and then RETURN the file foo.txt is REMOVED!

This has something to do with how BACKSPACE is defined in xterm.  It is not
a generic cygwin problem.  I suggest that you try the cygwin-xfree mailing list
in that case.

Also, there is absolutely no reason to cc corinna-cygwin in your email.  Go
back and read the words at the top of http://cygwin.com/lists.html, please.

cgf