cygwn error in arm build binutils

I'm trying to build an arm tool chain for ECOS per their build
instructions.
I have a fresh install of cygwin and all the recommended sources.

Each time I try to build the binutils-2.13.1    I get an error message
from the make.  This seems to be a problem with the version of
makeinfo.?  I'm using version 4.8 of makeinfo from current cygwin
release .

I've tried several different version of binutils   with the same results
Anyone recognize this error and have a fix?

My config command:

/binutils-2.13.1/configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/armtools -v 2>&1 |
tee make.out

My make command:

Make -w all install 2>&1 | tee make.out

make[4]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
rm -f config.texi
echo '@set VERSION 2.13.1' > config.texi makeinfo  -I
/binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc
/binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc/binutils.texi
/binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc/binutils.texi:51: Unknown index `ky'
and/or `cp' in @synindex.
makeinfo: Removing output file `/buildbin/binutils/doc/binutils.info'
due to errors; use --force to preserve.
make[2]: *** [binutils.info] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils'
make: *** [install-binutils] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/buildbin'

Thanks,

Richard Slaughter
Firmware Engineer

This message, including any attachments, may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary information of Advanced
Energy Industries, Inc.  The dissemination, distribution, use
or copying of this message or any of its attachments is
strictly prohibited without the express written consent of
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.