Re: Static destructors not running

On 5/10/05, Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 09:06:36AM -0400, William M. (Mike) Miller wrote:
> >I'm still left with the problem of figuring out what changed to cause
> >this result.  Until I ran the "setup" application last Friday, I was
> >seeing output from static destructors, and now I don't.  It would
> >save me a lot of work to be able to restore the old behavior, but I
> >don't know what was responsible for this change.
>
> Just as a wild guess, does explicitly calling exit help at all?

Yes, the output does appear when I call exit instead of returning
from main().  Unfortunately, that's not an option.  For one thing,
this is shared code that works just fine on other systems (and
under Cygwin until I updated last Friday).  For another, the
semantics of calling exit in main() are not exactly the same as
returning from main() -- local automatic objects in main() are not
destroyed by the exit() call, which is something some of this
code that is now failing relies on.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

--
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
william.m.miller@gmail.com