Re: cygwin-host-setup does not install sshd

admin wrote:

> when i run net start sshd i get a syntax error and it complains it cant find specified path.

Could you be any more vague?  What does the error say exactly?  What
does the event log say?  What does /var/log/sshd.log say?

> it doesnt ask me to compile the sshd binary and it doesnt offer to install sshd as a system service.

Compile the sshd binary?  No package does that.  sshd.exe is installed
when you install the openssh package, there is no compilation to speak
of.

The ssh-host-config script should normally offer to install the service,
but if there is an existing service called sshd (possibly a remnant from
an old install that was not completely removed) it will not try to
overwrite it.

In short, you'll have to give us more information (such as the output of
cygcheck as indicated at http://cygwin.com/problems.html) if you want
help.

Brian