Re: cygwin-host-setup does not install sshd

Thanks so much that worked like a charm.

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC20 <---  when removing the two registry values suggested there didnt work, i just removed anything, like i do when we get malware :).  I figured that would get it.

>It sounds like you still have a sshd service installed that is
>referencing a nonexistent path.  Type "cygrunsrv -Q sshd" to see if
>there is such a service, and if so "cygrunsrv -R ssh" and then rerun
>ssh-host-config.

i did, and it was, and that worked.  Some values in the registry "could not be deleted"  i didnt really pay attention to which, i guess one was the running ssh server.

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.rabinglove.com