Re: Windows Server 2003 inetd service keeps exiting

Thanks for the reply Brian.

I did as you suggested, and I did get an error message (in the event viewer) stating:
starting service 'M' failed: redirect_fd: open(1, /var/log/inetd.log): 13, Permission denied.

After digging, I found that /var/log did not have write permissions. After setting write permissions, inetd was able to start, and after 20-30 seconds it exited. No further messages in the event viewer or /var/log/inetd.log.

So, I am not sure if it is still a permission setting problem.. Where are the setup scripts located? I would be glad to look at those (if I could only find them). I did find the iu_config, but nothing really there except setting up ftpusers etc.

Also, neither cron or sshd will run either (actually they never got setup during installation, did I have to do anything special?). I have tried re-installing cygwin but no difference.

Sorry, I am such a Windows noobie....