Re: Cygwin-developers archive

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 10:41:55AM -0400, Richard Campbell wrote:
>I am not interested (well, I don't quite qualify) in subscribing to the
>cygwin-developers mailing list, but I am interested in seeing the
>lower-level discussions (I read the patches list as well as the main
>one).
>
>CGF recently referenced a discussion that was going on on the
>cygwin-developers list, and I went to the mailing list archive page to
>look at it, only to find the archives are subscriber-locked as well.
>
>Is there any reason not to allow public read-only access to the
>cygwin-developers archives?  Is that where your meanness really comes
>out? :-)

The password on the archives is not an accident.

I got tired of seeing people cutting and pasting cygwin-developers
discussions to this list.

If there is something that is of general interest to the cygwin
community, it is discussed in the cygwin list.  Otherwise, the
developers list is not intended for public consumption.