RE: problems in Perl process management

Yitzchak: sorry this reply is late.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=flip

> > > You can't send cygwin (aka unix) signals to a windows proram.
> >
> > Which is wrong - we were talking about killing the Cygwin PID.
>
> "we"? He wasn't responding to you, and I see nothing in Jurgen's
> message to indicate he is talking about a situation involving *any*
> cygwin programs; in fact, quite the contrary.

By "we", I meant Jurgen and me.

I just reread that thread and there has been a bit of confusion. My problem
is in killing certain Cygwin processes with Cygwin Perl's built-in kill.
Jurgen reply was about problems killing ActivePerl processes (run by Cygwin)
with ActivePerl's built-in kill:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl/lib/Pod/perlfork.html#item_
kill
ActivePerl's kill wouldn't use signals at all, so that part of the
discussion went the wrong way. Sorry for the confusion from my side.

In another email you said:
> As I understand it, kill -9 does not send a signal, and certainly not to a
> windows program.

That's interesting. SIGKILL can't be trapped by any program, but why would
'kill -9' not send a SIGKILL for a Cygwin process?

Regards,
Sonam Chauhan