Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 07:24:25AM -0700, Andy Ross wrote:
>I won't have a win32 box available to test with until after the
>weekend, though.  I know you'd prefer that I spend my own time working
>on this, but like I said this really isn't my platform.  I got involved
>trying to help out FlightGear users who are really being hurt by this
>issue.

Ok.  We'll wait until after the weekend for the cygcheck output.

I don't think there is much to be gained by reiterating that you have a
large user base who is impacted by this.  We're not a technical support
organization here.  If you have a problem, and we can duplicate it, and
figure it out, we'll try to fix it...  eventually.  There is no special
priority assigned because the free software that you downloaded is
causing problems to a bunch of your users.  I am sure that you know this
but I still feel it is important to make this point.

Again, if a company is basing their day-to-day operations on something
like cygwin and they are experiencing problems with cygwin, it does not
make a lot of sense to me to rely on random email tech support for same.
It seems like you should either purchase support or devote someone to
learning more about cygwin in-house so that these kind of issues aren't
total road blocks.  I'm far from being a Red Hat shill, but they do
provide support contracts for cygwin.  If you had one of those they'd be
obligated to deal with your problem in a courteous, expeditious fashion.

cgf