Re: dlopen doesn't use LD_LIBRARY_PATH ( was dlopen and cygcheck inconsistency)

I am not sure why the last email didn't reach the
list, but here goes again.

this issue is still un-resolved. Contrary to what
cgf says, dlopen doesn't care about LD_LIBRARY_PATH
while opening dependent DLLs of its argument. It opens
the DLL if the depedent DLLs are found in the $PATH.

I think cgf meant if I do dlopen("c.dll",..) it will
try to find it in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (plus /usr/lib from
1.5.17). what happens in this case:

dlopen("/a/b/c.dll",...) and c.dll depends on
/a/b/d.dll. This dlopen of c.dll fails if /a/b is not
in PATH, although it is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I don't
think this is linux behaviour.

Thanks,
-Sunil