Re: I have user mounts instead of system ones.

Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> Unless you installed these services with a particular user specified (see
> the '-u' flag of 'cygrunsrv'), none of the services should be using any
> user mount.  All services started by 'cygrunsrv', by default, run as
> SYSTEM.  If you did install the services (manually) specifying a particular
> user account, you'll want to uninstall and reinstall those services and use
> the default (SYSTEM) account.  The fork error you reported here is not the
> one I would have expected to see in the case where your services were being
> run as a certain user but it may be the cause.  You should also look at the
> log files in /var/log to see if there is more information that will help
> you determine what the cause of this error is.  If you need to follow-up
> with this list again on this issue, please read and follow the problem
> reporting guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

First,

$ telnet ito2
Trying 192.168.0.122...
Connected to ITO2.
Escape character is '^]'.

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.16(0.128/4/2) (ITO2) (tty2)

login:
all the services work when I was still using 1.5.16 as shown above.

Second, I didn't do any manual installation of the services but used
the init-config, exim-config, nfs-server-config and cygserver-config
to install the services. And I did it by administrator a/c. I've
never done any user mount at all.

Thanks.

Jason