OpenSSH starting, but not listening...

I've installed the latest from www.cygwin.com <file://www.cygwin.com>  on my Windows 2003 server.  I configure it as stating in various configuration docs.  The service starts and seems to be working correctly...  but upon a netstat -an, the service is not LISTENING on any port.  I have it set for the default of 22.  Nothing else is trying to interfere with port 22.

If I start the service from the shell directly, it works and listens...just not when the service tries to start it using the sshd_server user as configured by docs.

$ /usr/sbin/sshd -ddd
debug2: load_server_config: filename /etc/sshd_config
debug2: load_server_config: done config len = 188
debug2: parse_server_config: config /etc/sshd_config len 188
debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_4.0p1
debug1: private host key: #0 type 0 RSA1
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key.
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: private host key: #1 type 1 RSA
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key.
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: private host key: #2 type 2 DSA
debug1: rexec_argv[0]='/usr/sbin/sshd'
debug1: rexec_argv[1]='-ddd'
debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK