Re: Re: OpenSSH starting, but not listening...

* Sawyer, Christopher (2005-06-05 21:40 +0100)
> Listen pal...  I didn't subscribe to this list to get bashed, so beat off.
>
> I asked for help from the list.  If this is the wrong place, then so be it, put it nicely and I'll take my question elsewhere.

As I said: you're line length is way beyond good and evil. It's makes
your postings very hard to read and maybe I'm the only one masochistic
enough to constantly scroll while trying to read your message. Enough
said.

> I'm tired of reading through openssh.README, event viewer or the /var/log/messages or even the blank sshd.log files.  They aren't saying anything.Comparing them to a working server, they are the exact messages, so I would have to believe they would be normal?

If those logs are just full of standard messages, you should have said
so.

> I posted a working debug because thats the ONLY one I get when I put it in debug mode.

You cannot "debug" a correctly working application - nor using a debug
log from a normal session to "debug" a not working. It just doesn't
make sense. The start parameters for sshd are in the registry:
HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/...

> Read a little further and you'll see that
>
> "If I start the service from the shell directly, it works and listens...just not when the service tries to start it using the sshd_server user as configured by docs."
>
> But your too quick to the gun to hit the reply button to bash people rather than help them...

If you don't try to help us - we cannot help you. The things that
really would matter are:

* how did you install? Did you use ssh-host-config?

* are you using privelege separation?

* which account do you use to start sshd?

* which "various configuration docs" did you use? One of those
countless on the internet or the openssh.README?

So please follow http://cygwin.com/problems.html

> No what?  Maybe your text should be longer...   I don't know where file:// came from....

It wasn't me. Probably your Outlook whatever inserting random
nonsense. I just pointed out that it's not file://www.cygwin.com but
http://www.cygwin.com.

You know that top-posting is /evil/, don't you?