Re: SSHD + mounted drives not working/seen ?

At 07:35 PM 6/6/2005, you wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Brian Dessent wrote:
>
>> Matthew Hall wrote:
>>
>> > Until I noticed that network drives/mapped drives weren't showing
>> > up when I ssh'ed into the machine.
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC33
>
>This is interesting. Is there a reason the exact same setup under
>windows 2000 sp5 works, while under windows xp sp2 it doesn't? I
>would assume the privsep works in the same way. Hummingbird NFS allows
>me to register the user/password - which I assume does some trickery
>to make the mount available to others.

Since the network drive you're dealing with is NFS, this may be a better
question for Hummingbird.  The FAQ covers SAMBA mounts, which is the best
this list can comment on, unless there's someone out there that knows
some of the details of Hummingbird NFS.  But let's keep any follow-on
discussion to useful/important details.  A conversation that degenerates
into "me toos" and conjecture about how Hummingbird NFS works would be
off-topic for this list (though you could
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TITTTL if folks are interested in this
thread and want to hear any feedback).

Holliston, MA 01746