Re: cygwin 1.5.17-1: apache and rebaseall

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Brian Dessent wrote:

> If no one responds then that usually means no one knows the answer.  :(

Thanks.  I was beginning to worry that everyone knew the answers to all my
posts and I was being ignored as an idiot.

> the actual problem that you are having - the part about cygrunsrv
> doesn't matter.

Yeah, I didn't think it should, but I was desperate.

> The sad fact is that it has been reported before that rebaseall seems to
> render the current apache package broken, so I guess you can take solace

I've seen the reports.  I was hoping there were some further developments.
Is there a list somewhere of unresolved issues?  Or is that the mailing
list's job?

> You might try manually rebasing just the module DLLs.
> <snip>
> into the 0x70000000 range.  You can use a program like sysinternals
> process explorer to see the memory layout of the process and determine

This is very helpful advice.  I had no clue how to find this information.
I'll try that out in my spare time. My employers certainly won't pay for
me to spend their time exploring a problem that appears resolved by an old
Cygwin DLL.

Joel Denny