Re: launch windows program from shell according to its extension

zzapper wrote:
explorer $XPATH

This reminds me: another useful command when jumping between the GUI and the command line, is "explorer ." That opens an Explorer window in the current working directory. Just as some things are easier on the command line, others are easier from the GUI, so I frequently jump from one to the other.