Re: Login & Something diff since cygwin 1.5.15-1 release - could it be security changes that were made

At 02:11 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
>Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> According to my tests you must have given the "Act as part of the operating
>> system" privilege (SeTcbPrivilege) to your account.  Only when I added this
>
>Funnny you mention that - after I sent the log(s) yesterday I was thinking
>about it and kept thinking in the back of my mind that way back when I had
>changed some windows security setting like that but couldn't remember what it
>was or why I changed it.  Ring a bell with you why it would be changed - Was
>that something to do with the previous operation of ntsec or something or would
>the setting even been something to do with the operation of cygwin?  Could it
>be some other application that required it - can't recall.

That would be one of the permissions you would add to an account if you
wanted to use it as the user to run a service.  The others would be:

"Replace process level token"
"Increase quotas"
"Logon as a service"

Perhaps you added one or more of these one time when you wanted to try
this with your account and didn't remove them all later.  There's really
no need to keep this privilege as far as Cygwin is concerned otherwise.

Holliston, MA 01746