Subversion perl bindings - where do they live?

Hi,

I have perl, swig, subversion and subversion-dev installed via cygwin.

I am finding that I need to use some very simple subversion client capabilities from inside of a perl script.

Looking around on google I see multiple references to subversion perl bindings existing as part of the subversion main package, and one mailing list post from some time ago saying they hoped to have the perl bindings in subversion soon.

Looking some further I find that the Subversion documentation includes a section named "using languages other than C++":

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#svn-ch-8-sect-2.3

Which describes the SWIG bindings used by perl as being located "in subversion/bindings/swig", and gives some python examples of how the bindings should be used.

Unfortunately no such directory as "subversion/bindings/swig" appears to exist on my system as far as I can tell. (I also am not quite sure of how the python bindings would translate to perl (would "from svn import fs" become "use SVN::fs"? or what?) but that's something of a secondary concern at this point.)

So my questions are:

1. Where exactly on my system, or in what as-yet-uninstalled cygwin package, would I find the subversion swig bindings, assuming Cygwin installs them? (And are there any perl examples of using said subversion swig bindings anywhere?)

2. If Cygwin does not install the Subversion perl bindings, then does anyone know, what must I do to get them in place? Can I install them independently of subversion itself? Do I need to reinstall the entire subversion client from source? Do I need to uninstall cygwin's subversion package before I install my own?

Thanks much, I appreciate it.