Re: Emacs problem with Cygwin 1.5.17-1 (rebasing)

I want to complete the story which has some point of interest.

Obviously, you are not obliged to replay, not to take care of
problems.

As you can see from this mailing list, after installing the
cygwin package 1.5.17-1 (26-27 May) I had a problem with Emacs:
it took all CPU (100%) and its window did not appear, but
downgrading to 1.5.16-1 Emacs worked fine.

After many attemps to solve the problem I decided to reinstall
ALL Cygwin from scratch (i.e. deleting C:\cygwin, key registry etc.)
I had almost all packages installed (only gcc-test-suite, ghostscript
native, regex and xwinclip was not installed).

After this reinstall (good news) EMACS WORKED FINE with
Cygwin 1.5.17-1!!! (Also Emacs 21.3.50-2-test worked!)

Now the bad news.

Seeing these good things, I decided to reinstall others
X-applications. In particular I reinstalled ROOT which is a CERN
applications.

Normally I rebuild and install it.
This application has some tests that I run after every rebuild.

Between these tests, there is a program (stress.exe) that, with
some Cygwin version (not always), has a core dump:

   "unable to remap..."

and the problem is caused by some DLL.

(in this case:

*** unable to remap C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXpm-4.dll to same
    address as parent(0x2B70000) != 0x2B80000
    173 [main] stress 1084 fork_parent: child 1184 died waiting for dll

and

   Aborted (core dumped)

)

It is more than an year that I have discovered the cure to this:
run the command

   rebaseall -v

from a std bash shell (as suggested me someone from the mailing
list).

So even this time I have rebased and the test work,
but...Emacs DOES NOT!!! i.e. after rebasing Emacs has the some
problems described above.

With the versions of Cygwin, previous to 1.5.17-1,
there were not problems in rebasing.

Best regards
angelo.