Re: bash page fault on Win98SE when running non-Cygwin programs

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:49:39PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:55:19PM -0400, irwin@bongo.cgf.cx wrote:
>>When running some non-Cygwin programs from bash (seems to be mostly a
>>problem with 16-bit programs, but also some 32-bit programs), bash gets
>>an invalid page fault in KERNEL32.DLL and pops up a fault dialog.
>
>Corinna managed to narrow down the problem with 16-bit programs so there
>will be a fix in the next snapshot (and eventually in 1.5.18) but
>without specific information about failing 32-bit programs there will be
>no fix forthcoming for that problem.  Since all of cygwin consists of
>32-bit programs, this problem cannot be too prevalent.
>
>Please try the 2005-Jun-18 snapshot when it eventually shows up at
><http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>.

Sorry.  I shouldn't have tried to second-guess the snapshot process.

(Ingredients of the snapshot process include an unknown glowing green
substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

Do not taunt the snapshot process...)

The 2005-Jun-17 snapshot contains the fix and, if there is a 2005-Jun-18
snapshot it will also have the fix.

cgf