Re: Invoking ash for rebaseall

Igor,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 01:57:52AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 02:48:39PM -0500, Ross Boulet wrote:
> > > Granted, I could go in to windoze and add the cygwin directories
> > > to my system path, or manually source /etc/profile at the ash
> > > prompt.  But is there a flag to tell ash to act as a login shell
> > > and execute /etc/profile?
> >
> > Just use the following (from ash):
> >
> >     $ PATH=/bin rebaseall
>
> Umm, why should rebaseall require a PATH setting at all?  Wouldn't it
> be easier to specify full paths for every command instead of telling
> users to set their PATH?

It would be easier to just add "PATH=/bin" near the beginning of the
rebaseall script than to use full paths for every command invocation.
Unfortunately, this would not solve the problem of finding rebaseall
itself.

Anyway, maybe the best approach is to add the aforementioned PATH
setting to rebaseall and instruct the user to execute rebaseall as
follows:

    $ /bin/rebaseall

Any other suggestions?

Jason