Re: Proposed FAQ in DocBook (Attn: tetex maintainer)

Igor Pechtchanski writes:

> Probably, but a successful build of the Cygwin HTML documentation relies
> on texi2html being present.

Ah.

> It would have been nice to at least announce that texi2html is no
> longer packaged, and/or package it separately.  I don't see that in
> your tetex-3.0.0 announcements.  IMO, that's what announcements are
> *for*.

It wasn't dropped intentionally, as it wasn't even supposed to be in 2.0.x.

>> Fwiw, my last tetex-2.0.2-15 mknetrel script also has
>> --without-texi2html.
>
> This seems to contradict
> <http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=tetex-bin%2Ftetex-bin-2.0.2-15&grep=bin%2Ftexi2html>.

Indeed.  I'm not sure what that means, maybe the --without-texi2html
switch was broken in 2.0.x.

> To reiterate -- I don't want this e-mail to come off as a demand for
> something.

It didn't.  I'll try building with --with-texi2html, and see if that
works.  If it's not too much trouble, texi2html will be in the next
release.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter