gcc 4.0 on cygwin

Continuing discussions regarding gcc 3.4 beg the question of when we are going
to start work on gcc 4.0 for cygwin.  Is there anything holding us back?

As I understand it, Debian will skip over gcc 3.4 and move from 3.3 to 4.0 as
its standard compiler for Etch.  This gives me some confidence that gcc 4.0 is
going to be very thoroughly vetted over the next 18 to 24 months.  I wonder if
the time we are spending on gcc 3.4 might be better spent on what will probably
be a better tested and better performing compiler.

No disrespect is intended for the massive amount of work already done on gcc
3.4.  I just wonder if it isn't time to move on?