setup.exe filename

>>cygwin.exe or cygwinsetup.exe would both be better names.
>
>If the name of 'setup.exe' was going to change, it would certainly
>need to convey to the user that it is an installation program, so your
>second suggestion might be better.  Still, it is common practice to name
>setup programs 'setup' for Windows so making any change is likely to cause
>more confusion than there is now (and based on the list feedback, there
>seems to be very little confusion on this point right now).

I typically save cygwin's setup.exe to my Desktop as I update cygwin quite
often; however, I've found that this interferes with some other (admittedly buggy
and lame install programs).  It isn't a big deal to rename setup.exe to
cygwin_setup.exe (or your favorite) or to do save link as.

My 2 cents,

Bill
PS.  I was on vacation for 10 days; sorry for the late reply.