RE: RSH configuration

At 01:07 AM 8/11/2005, you wrote:
>Hello sir ,thanks for your reply ,but further I will like to know the simple
>thing that which packages during cygwin setup are required to download in
>order to establish an remote login session from cygwin,where I want to work
>with RSH protocol.

The FAQ has this entry, which seems appropriate:

What packages should I download? Where are 'make', 'gcc', 'vi', etc?
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.what-packages>

>I will alos like to know about which files in cygwin are
>required to be modified for remote login.

In general, same as on Linix/UNIX, though there is a Cygwin specific README
in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin for inetutils which explains what to do to get it
configured and running.  After that, you should be able to get rsh/rlogin
running with existing docs.  But unless you *absolutely* need rsh/rlogin,
you'd be much better off using ssh from the openssh package.  Everything
I've said about finding and configuring rsh's package applies equally to
openssh.

Holliston, MA 01746