Re: FW: Installation Problems with Cygwin on Windows XP

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 09:45:59PM -0700, Vittal Krishnamurthy (vitkrish) wrote:
>Thank you Christopher,
>Clicking on the cygwin icon does not help, coz I get the windows
>message, "searching for cygwin.bat"....  I tried
>installing/re-installing atleast 5 times now but the same problem.  I
>even tried to create my own cygwin.bat where I have C:\cygwin\bin Bash
>--login -i
>
>Still it does not work.  Pls help

Sorry.  I somehow missed the fact that cygwin.bat was missing.

I don't know what's going wrong but the cygwin.bat file is supposed to
be installed automatically by setup.exe.  I believe it should be
created just by double clicking on the "Install Cygwin Now!" link on
the cygwin web page and by doing nothing else but just clicking on
"Next" repeatedly until setup.exe is done.

This is, however, just a PATH issue.  Set the PATH to include
c:\cygwin\bin and the cygwin commands will be found, just like on UNIX.