RE: bash prompt problem - some more observations

howdy

so I downloaded the cygwin bash source and built it without multibyte
character support and guess what?  no bug.

% PS1='\[\e]0;\u@\h:\w\a\e[1;34m\]: [\!] \W ; \[\e[0m\]'
: [2] bash-3.0 ; ls ba<tab>
bash.exe*        bashhist.h       bashline.c       bashversion.exe*
bashansi.h       bashhist.o       bashline.h
bashbug*         bashintl.h       bashline.o
bashhist.c       bashjmp.h        bashtypes.h
: [2] bash-3.0 ; ls bash

: [3] bash-3.0 ; echo ${BASH_VERSINFO[*]}
3 00 16 1 release i686-pc-cygwin

cheers
mark
--
Mark Robinson
Consultant

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice there is. - Yogi Berra
--
Vignette's software and expertise help organizations harness the power
of information and the Web to deliver measurable improvements in