Re: Please try a snapshot - complete request

[pasted from another thread]
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:48:42AM -0700, David Rothenberger wrote:
>I'm having a problem with the 20050824 snapshot. Running "procps -ef"
>displays "<defunct>" for all processes except for procps.
>
>% procps -ef
>UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
>drothe    6932     1  0 09:26 tty0     00:00:01 <defunct>
>drothe    7592  6932  1 09:26 tty0     00:00:04 <defunct>
>drothe    4848  7592  0 09:30 tty0     00:00:00 procps -ef
>
>I also noticed some problems in the /proc/<pid> directories. cwd and
>root are dangling symlinks to <defunct> and the contents of cmdline is
>also <defunct>

Yep.  That's all the same problem.  It's due to my change last night.

It will be fixed in the next snapshot but I'm tracking down another
somewhat related problem right now in my sparse cycles while doing my
real job.  So, the next snapshot will not be for a while.

That means that /proc related stuff in the current snapshot is b0rken.

cgf