RE: Shared memory problem

----Original Message----

  I can't remember it off the top of my head, but there's a parameter you
have to add in to your %CYGWIN% environment variable to actually *enable*
the cygserver functionality.

  Ah.  Found it.  From http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

(no)server - if set, allows client applications to use the Cygserver
facilities. This option must be enabled explicitely on the client side,
otherwise your applications won't be able to use the XSI IPC function calls
(msgget, semget, shmget, and friends) successfully. These function calls
will return with ENOSYS, "Bad system call".

    cheers,
      DaveK