Re: base relocations and vtune

thanks for responding.

For intel's vtune to be able to provide call graph functionality, it
claims to require "base relocations". upon presenting this warning, it
suggests that if one is using the visual studio compiler, that the
/FIXED:NO flag be provided to the compiler. microsoft's msdn has this
to say on the subject:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/w368ysh2(en-us,vs.80).aspx

which explains that /FIXED:NO will "generate a relocation section in
the program" and that this flag is the default when building a DLL,
but not default for any other project type. this is a topic that I do
not understand short of putting english words together...

how do i "generate a relocation section" for a random program that i'm
trying to build on my own? i'm not trying to build a dll... just a
command line executable (if that's different...).

i'll try that ld command and see if it makes a difference...

thanks!

amos.