RE: Updated: file-4.15-1

Hi there,

Is anyone else having trouble with this update? On my system cygcheck
says it's missing all the binaries this package contains. It seems the
tar.bz2 was made with an extra "./" at the start of each entry, so the
setup.exe fails to install them where it should. I've no idea where
these files actually end up either, but I can see setup.exe attempting
to extract each one.

As a workaround, manually extracting from the package from the cygwin
root seems to work like a charm.

Apart from this issue, I still love what you guys are doing with cygwin.
It's one of the most useful development systems I've seen.

	Richard

mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com