Re: Segfault in Cactid

Larry Adams wrote:

> So my questions are: How do I trace the memory location above to a known system
> call using gdb?  When, I attach to my hung process, what should I be doing to
> determine the calling/offending function.

Build a cygwin1.dll with debug symbols and then use addr2line.  Or use
strace.  At the very least you should try the latest snapshot to see if
it fixes your problem.

The fact that you get that popup is a little puzzling.  That popup is
the result of an SEH exception not being handled by the process and
falling through to the system default handler.  But Cygwin installs its
own SEH handlers so that it can convert those sort of exceptions into
"signal 11" without the popup.  Normally you would not get a popup and
it would terminate as on unix with a segmentation fault message and
stackdump.  But I guess if something internal to Cygwin is getting
corrupted then all bets are off.

Brian