Re: 1.5.18-1: Crash launching COMMAND.COM (W98)

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 12:56:13AM -0700, Sean Gugler wrote:
>Brian Dessent replied to me:
>> There was a problem with launching 16 bit applications that occured
>> exactly as you state, but that was fixed around June and went into the
>> 1.5.18 release.  Try a snapshot.
>
>Thanks, Brian, good idea.  Alas, no luck.  If anyone knows of other
>test suites or experiments I could run to help isolate what's going
>wrong, please let me know.

This should be fixed in the latest snapshot at
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ .

FYI, you shouldn't rename your whole c:\cygwin directory.  Doing that
effectively eliminates everything that you've downloaded.  You noticed
that there was no bash after you did that but there is also no awk, sed,
grep, gcc, etc.  The cygwin-inst tar ball is not a replacement for the
whole cygwin distribution.

You really only need to grab the DLL to test this.  You don't need
all of cygwin-inst.

cgf