Re: About Cygwin announcements

On  8 Sep, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>  What's different in this approach in relation to having an announcement
>  mailing list archive?  Well, except for double bookkeeping.

I'm trying to think of a way to improve the quality of the
announcements.  Several times I've found out about cool new features
from discussions of problems on the mailing list.  Checking back into
the announcements, the cool new feature was never announced.

So I'm trying to think of ways to make it easier to remember the cool
new features, to make the announcers' job easier and less reliant on
memory.

>  If somebody forgets to announce (and the head maintainers forget to
>  kick this somebody), then the same would happen with the CVS entry,
>  wouldn't it?

I'm hoping it's less likely.  E.g. if the CVS commit template is
currently something like:

CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    some-filename

then I'm thinking that changing it to something like this might help
remind the developer to make a note for the announcer to use:

CVS: ------- Is this change worth noting in the package changelog? -----
CVS:
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    some-filename

Do you see what I mean?