Re: file not working on executables?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

You should not mount the whole Cygwin tree in textmode

Totally agree. But we need to do a "text mode install" from setup.exe because so many of the tools we use are non-Cygwin tools, and "cvs" does nasty (or at least unattractive) things if the mount is binmode, and the text file contains "^M"s. But this really applies only to the cygdrive mounts (since that's where the affected files live).

What would be nice is if setup *always* mounted / and /usr/lib in binmode, and /usr/bin in "mount -x" mode, and only honored the "text mode" in the installer screen for the cygdrive mounts.