Re: newbie in cygwin (Windows XP / 2002 / SP 2) 1.5.18, wish to try older version.

At 05:53 PM 9/19/2005, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Windows XP / 2002 / SP 2
>
>I have installed cygwin 1.5.18, beause I am trying to install some software
>related to GNAT (Ada95),
>but have been struggeling because I cant make the accomanying "configure"
>and "make install" work (e.g eval doesnt work and I have problems with too
>long command lines) [read a few posts below saying that that these issues
>have been introduced recently]
>
>If it is possible I would like to download an older version (binary),
>previous to these changes, instead of rewriting the scripts. Where can I
>find it?

You forgot to include the links to the posts you were referring to.
However, you may find you benefit more by moving forward than back.
With that in mind, try out one of the recent Cygwin snapshots at
<http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>.  This may provide a quicker/easier
solution to your problem than fumbling around for some older version
that may precede the changes you claim are causing you the problems
you're seeing.  As far as command line lengths, using the '-X' flag of
'mount' can help here.  See 'man mount', the 'User's Guide' and/or
the email archives for more.

Holliston, MA 01746