FAQ Notes

I has been brought to my attention that the Copyright section in the FAQ
are attempting to paraphrase the words at http://cygwin.com/licensing.html .

I've said this before, but I don't think it's a good idea to have the
FAQ attempt to describe things that are already talked about in other
places in the cygwin web site or documentation.  I would like it if this
section did not attempt to reexplain what is at the licensing web page
but instead pointed the user back to the official words (which, if it
matters, were once approved by a Red Hat lawyer) at the Cygwin web site:
http://cygwin.com/licensing.html .

The other thing that was brought to my attention was that the "What
versions of Windows are supported?" question first mentions Red Hat and
then, once again, goes on to mimic the wording of the Cygwin web site.

I think it would be better if the first paragraph about Red Hat was
moved to the end of the section and if the first sentence made it clear
that Cygwin is a community supported project.  The closing paragraph can
mention that commercial support is <a href="licensing.html">available from Red Hat</a>
and that the support is offered similarly to the way that Red Hat supports
linux.

Corinna please jump in here if you think something needs more
clarification.  My goal is to make it clear that Cygwin is primarily a
standard free software community project, not a Red Hat-funded
development project offered to the net for free.

I don't care too much that this section of the FAQ duplicates the main
site regarding the what versions of windows are supported question since
the concept is simple and likely to be unchanging.  Apparently
mentioning Red Hat here has caused some confusion.

Joshua, do you think you could see to this when you get a chance?

cgf