Re: Bug in dd ?? at EOM

Corinna Vinschen skrev:
> On Sep 26 12:08, Dave Korn wrote:

thought it was directly related to the memcard driver, but I was becoming
convinced it's a generic problem with cygwin's readv, and since you've found it
shows up on hard drives as well, that confirms it for me.  I'll get round to it
late tonight.

> I've applied a patch which tries to workaround the strange behaviour of Win32
ReadFile when reading beyond EOF.  Please give the next developers snapshot a try.

> Corinna

That works for me now with latest snapshot.
Havent tested yet with a failing disk though.

Reading /dev/fd0 fails :-(
$ dd if=/dev/fd0 of=kkkkkk bs=512 conv=noerror,sync
dd: opening `/dev/fd0': Invalid request code

with snapshot cygwin1-20050928.dll

--
Bengt-Arne Fjellner