ssh tunnel and permission denied

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure smb over ssh with cygwin and have some trouble. I can't access my smb drive through cygwin when I'm mounting it throught the ssh tunnel. Here are the steps I follow:

# Step 1: open the ssh tunnel
$ ssh -fNL 139:myserver:139 user@myserver

# Step 2: connect to the smb drive
$ net use 'Z:' '\\myserver\user' <mypassword>

# Step 3: try to access the drive
$ cd /cygdrive/z
BASH: cd: z: Permission denied

Note: When I follow this procedure without tunnelling (direct access to the smb drive), I can access the drive without any problem.
Note 2: I can normally access Z through windows' explorer, it's only through cygwin that I have a 'Permission denied'

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks a lot,

-l

P.S. using Windows 98 at the moment, but planning to do the same on XP Pro, I hope it's a Win98 related bug...