Re: ssh tunnel and permission denied

On 13 oct. 05, at 12:45, Brian Dessent wrote:

But I guess that doesn't matter, since the net use succeeds and you can
access Z: through explorer.  What happens if you try mounting Z:/
instead of using /cygdrive?

Thanks for your answer. I tried $ mount //myserver/user /test the command worked as shown with $ mount \\myserver\user on /tmp type system (binmode) ... but I still have my 'permission denied' $ cd /test BASH: cd: data: Permission denied

And this time I cannot access C:\cygwin\test through Windows Explorer.

I forgot to say that the share is a samba server, maybe it's a problem? I also tried to put 'set CYGWIN=smbntsec' in my cygwin.bat without any success.

I've done SMB-over-ssh in the past but I used PPTP, not this method (for
the binding reasons already mentioned.) I abandoned it though because
over a broadband connection it was untolerably slow.

I hope it will be fast enough for me. The reason I don't want to simply use SFTP is that I need rsync's synchronization capability... If someone can suggest a better way, I'll buy it...

-leonard bouchet