Re: boost, boost_unit_test_framework

VÃclav Haisman wrote:

Have the test libraries worked in any previous version of boost for Cygwin? If so, is there any way that I can install that version instead?

I don't know. The current Boost package is the only Boost Cygwin package so far. You could try to compile some older Boost than 1.33.0 from sources.

Actually, I tried to compile the test libraries of boost 1.33 myself like this:

bjam -sTOOLS=gcc --with-test stage

And that command produced the test libraries for me. The only difference from your libraries was that their extension was .lib instead of .a. How did you manage to get .a libraries? Is there any difference between .a and .lib in Cygwin?

When I changed the extension of boost_unit_test_framework to .a and compiled and linked my test with -lboost_unit_test_framework I got a working binary.

However, I would like to be able to build my project with a vanilla installation of Cygwin. This would make it easier for me to share my project with other people since they would only have to install the correct versions (preferable the latest) of the Cygwin packages to be able to build it.

In what way is the test libraries broken under Cygwin?

:.:: mattias