Re: rxvt as replacement for windows terminal

Christoffer Gurell wrote:
I want to use rxvt shipped with cygwin as a replacement for the windows crappy terminal which cygwin uses as default. The problem is that native windows binaries like edit.com
Try vim! ;-)
or python for windows
Try Python for Cygwin! ;-)
does not work in rxvt. The terminal just hangs up. Is there a solution for this or what is the problem?
What gets me right now is cleartool from IBM Rational is written for Windows and doesn't handle the pty's that Cygwin's rxvt (and rsh, etc.) use. That and I'm currently working on a Perl script for Clearquest which requires cqperl - an ActiveState based Perl which also doesn't understand ptys...

But for you I fail to see why you would want to use edit.com! I mean geezer a .com executable! Ain't that quaint!

And as for python, I would hope that you are writing the sort of Python code that it relatively portable so you can use Cygwin's Python and if you must use whatever Python for Windows you have after you're done. If I didn't need to use cqperl I'd be using Cygwin's Perl...
--
2400 Baud makes you want to get out and push!!