SETUP: In-use files have been replaced

Every time I update the cygwin package, I get a warning that in-use
files have been replaced and that I should reboot. I assume this is
caused by a Cygwin service, although at one point somebody on this
list (I think it was Corinna) said that SETUP stops these services
automatically. So I'm assuming my situation isn't normal.

I can see the following Cygwin programs running at all times (this
is the way ps -W presents them):

  /usr/sbin/inetd (two instances)
  /usr/sbin/xinetd
  /bin/cygrunsrv
  c:/cygwin/bin/init.exe

I've been working around this by carefully updating only the base
cygwin package and rebooting before updating the rest. Whenever I
forget to do this, post-install scripts generally fail and I have
to clean up by running them manually, etc.

But I'm wondering: if SETUP is supposed to be able to stop these
services, what's going wrong? I may have something configured in
the wrong way or be running a daemon that I really don't want to
be running. I'm not intentionally running anything other than
whatever Cygwin set up, although I had run some network services
in the past to experiment with their clients.

I'm thinking I should clean this up since I may be exposing some
unwanted ports or creating other security problems.

Does anyone have suggestions about things I should do to bring
my installation "back in line" with normal installs?

My cygcheck.out is attached.

gsw