Re: exiting vim changes background colour of console

Ok, here is part of my .bash_profile now:
blackOnLightGrey='\[\e[47m\]'
blue='\[\e[1;34m\]'
red='\[\e[1;31m\]'
blackOnWhite='\[\e[0;0;37;30m\]'
# export PS1="${blackOnLightGrey}\n\s\v User \u on host \h in dir \w\n\d \@> "
export PS1="${blackOnLightGrey}\n\s\v User \u on host \h in dir \w\n\d \@>\e[0m "
# export PS1="${blackOnLightGrey}\n\s\v User \u on host \h in dir \w\n\d \@>${blackOnWhite} "

I do not remember anything about this now, but comparing to my current PS1 I can see that I has a \] after the last m. I have

PS1=\[\033[32;47m\w >\033[0m\]