Re: Problem: find not traversing /cygdrive/X properly?

Kevin Autrey wrote:
Hi Chris -

I always put "." in the front of my path so that as I'm developing an app, I always pick up the devel version in my current working directory instead of /usr/local/bin. I know it's not the most secure thing in the world, but I'm on a stand-alone, single-user system, so the security risks are manageable.

Fair enough. Just seemed odd (I didn't think for a moment it could cause the problem.. Just out of place).

Just to try something, I modified my path to only include "/usr/bin" - no difference:

tka-16:/cygdrive/p> set path = "/usr/bin"
tka-16:/cygdrive/p> which find
/usr/bin/find
tka-16:/cygdrive/p> find /cygdrive/c -iname win.ini
find: .: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/.backupSettings: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/AUTOEXEC.BAT: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/boot.ini: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/CONFIG.SYS: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/IO.SYS: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/Log.txt: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/MSDOS.SYS: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/NTDETECT.COM: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/ntldr: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/PRIOR_SYSTEM: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/Program Files: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/RECYCLER: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/System Volume Information: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/Temp: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/tomsteady.ini: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS: No such file or directory
find: /cygdrive/c/xPos.txt: No such file or directory

Per Eric's suggestion from last week, I did change my mount types to -b:

tka-16:/cygdrive/p> mount -m
mount -f -s -b "D:/CygWIN/bin" "/usr/bin"
mount -f -s -b "D:/CygWIN/lib" "/usr/lib"
mount -f -s -b "D:/CygWIN" "/"
mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"

Could you paste the current output of mount ?

Very strange...

Indeed.
As I recall, you said you'd tried reinstalling cygwin..
Was this from the same source?
Actually.. Hrm..
*ponders*
I wonder if it's a permissions thing..
What user class do you run cygwin as, and what are your user/group permissions on C:, D: etc?

Chris

--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world